Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 23 - Our God is an awesome God


Guess what song we stretched to at the end of Zumba? "An Awesome God." Yes, Our God is an awesome God. But, to stretch to? I just felt weird. The YMCA is a Christian centered gym so it is allowed. I just dunno how I feel about it. And then at the end the Zumba instructor (who is amazing by the way) said a prayer. Huh?

Welcome to the South.

I mean I sound like I don't approve of saying a prayer or talking about God. That is not the case. It is just something I still haven't adjusted to being in the South even after 2 years. Can you believe it has been nearly two years since we have been here?

I am a horrible person and when stuff like this happens I just start to giggle. I just don't know how to handle my self when people all of the sudden start praying or raise the hands to praise the Lord. I am not giggling because I think it is funny. I giggle because I get so uncomfortable that for some reason giggling is the only thing that comes out.

Giggle, giggle.


Paleo, Paleo. You have helped me to feel better. Many of my symptoms have improved, but not all. Yet? I hope? I know I have only been doing it for 23 days so I need to be patient. In my defense though, I have been gluten free for 5 weeks and so I basically haven't been eating processed foods for that long which means I have been cutting out a lot of bad foods. What I am getting at is that....


I am frustrated.

I feel I have stalled in some ways. (Though, Mitch says my arms look more toned. Whoop!! I totally flexed for him and made him grab my uber big biceps).

I am going to continue plugging along.


You know I heard a scripture taught in relief society a month or so ago that although I had heard it before just somehow hit me like a ton of bricks.

Luke 21:19

"In your patience possess ye your souls."

I have never, ever, ever, ever been a patient person. This stupid syndrome or whatever you want to call it requires me to have extreme patience. I hate to say this but I think this is all going to be good for me. I feel that I will eventually get closer to the point of "possess ye your souls" or as I like to think of it, self control. I think this whole process is going to help me in many aspects of my life.


I was so excited to share this scripture with Mitch on the day I was reminded of it. I was so excited to share with him how it applies to my life.

He says, remember the movie That Thing You Do? On this one part one of the guy says that scripture and the other is like, who's Luke?

Nice Mitch, nice. I am glad such an immensely spiritual moment for me reminds you of That Thing You Do. :)



Speaking of the South, look forward to my post about the clogging convention and the team names. Oh, and I take care of famous people!


One more thing, I am always thinking Ooh! I should write that on my blog! I used to think my life was so boring but you know, my life is pretty interesting for the normal life I live!

1 comment:

Miranda said...

BTW, just to begin, YAY for almond butter and sweet potato fries and dorky clogging conventions!!!

Also, I think I would do the same thing around the southerners, like all giggly and uncomfortable. Why do we do that? I was once at a party when a bunch of people pulled out a guitar and started singing like cumbaya style and I just didn't know how to handle myself!