Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A few more things

I have meaning to post about these two events. We arrived in Nashville at the perfect time. Not only did we see some great performances at the Grand Ole Opry but we also went to the CMA Music Fest. It is held every year in June and they have great line-ups every night. It is four days long and not only includes concerts at night but also meet and greets, a charity softball event and more. We went to the concert the first night. It was the only one I could go to and it was the one I wanted to go to. Rascal Flatts, Dierks Bentley, Darius Rucker and Brad Paisley and more were set to perform. It was held at the Titans stadium. From the pictures it doesn't look like we had great seats but we actually did. We were pretty close.

Brooks and Dunn.
A little bit of Reba. I say that not to be catchy. We really only heard a little bit of her singing. The MC announced that we all had to leave our seats and into the covered areas because there was a huge rainstorm warning as well as a tornado warning. So, we got up and left. They cleaned up all of the stage as well. An hour passed, still no storm, all of the fans were getting anxious. Many people started to leave at this point because there was no guarantee that the rest of the performances would still happen. Then, an hour and a half came and went. We decided that because we already stayed that long we would stick it out. Finally after about 1 hour and 45 minutes the rainstorm came and it was huge. Then, it cleared up and they brought us all out again. Many people had left at this point so we were able to move further down and the seats were even better. The only and HUGE disappointment is that the only performers that had to leave were Rascal Flatts. I guess they had another performance the next day. I was VERY bummed. I got over it though and had a great time. Brad Paisley performed last and he performed more numbers than planned. The concert ended at 2:00am. It was pretty dang fun! Getting up the next morning was painful. You will see why below.
Clearing the stadium
Darius Rucker. He is awesome! Former lead singer for Hootie and the Blowfish.
Dierks Bentley. Awesome.
Brad Paisley is amazing!

The next morning I caught a plane at 6am to head back to SLC for Jessica's (my roomie from BYU) wedding. Yes 6am. I got up at 4:30am. So, we got home at 2:30am and I got up at 4:30am to get ready. You do the math. Luckily, we live super close to the airport.
On Friday night they had a reception ( I guess it would be called a preception because they got married the next day). It was so beautiful.
The next day I headed to the Draper Temple to attend their sealing. It was an amazing sealing. I loved it. Very inspiring.

I have to add one very important note. She made her wedding dress! It was amazing! Look at how beautiful it is!

Congrats to Jessica and Clayton! They are in Germany now for 3 years because he is in the army. Guess what that means?! I will definitely be visiting Germany soon!

2 comments:

Kassie said...

I am so so jealous!! What a fun concert! come on meg, you didnt know darius was the lead singer of hootie!!! I love him, I really need to get out there to visit. I am thinking sooner rather than later

Caleb, Shannyn, and Clark Weiler said...

OH I love her. Looking at those pics made me so happy. I can't believe that she made that dress. I hope you had so much fun